We published our inaugural report on the Palm Beach, Florida sales market for 4Q 2012 . This is part of an evolving market report series I’ve been writing for Douglas Elliman  since 1994.
- Luxury market prices outpaced the overall market.
- Overall price indicators show sharp year over year gains.
- Overall sales levels trending higher.
- Days on market expanded as demand worked off older inventory.
- Negotiability between buyers and seller fell sharply.
Here’s an excerpt from the report:
CONDO/TOWNHOUSE Median sales price jumped 23.9% from the same quarter last year to $588,750. Average sales price and average price per square foot edged 5.8% and 1.3% respectively over the same period. Number of sales jumped 56.1% year-overyear to 64 sales, but remained unchanged from the prior quarter…
SINGLE FAMILY Although this market segment represents a narrow submarket of Palm Beach, the number of sales nearly doubled from prior year levels, reaching 26. All price indicators showed double-digit year-over-year gains; median sales price increased 13% to $2,775,000 over the period, while average sales price and average price per square foot showed larger gains, rising 32% and 26.1% respectively…
You can build your own custom data tables . We’ll be adding a chart library for this market area shortly.