“Donald Trump is using it. Virgin Airlines, the Bank of England and the United Nations have embraced it. Even the hit TV series, Big Brother, employed ideas borrowed from this ancient art. But what, exactly, is Feng Shui?”
“Feng Shui is the art of placement and design and helps to create and organize our environments in such a way to bring about a more harmonious lifestyle by making minor adjustments that enhance the flow of ‘chi’ or energy.”
More and more, the brokerage community is embracing this [NY Mag] as another way to sell a home.
- What makes one house or office better to live or work in than another?
- What makes a property sell for the right price and terms?
- How to determine if the entrance to your home or business will give you the maximum amount of good energy?
- Knowing how environmental considerations, such as traffic direction, street location, nearby buildings and other influences can either aid or be detrimental to your location.
- Knowing ways to determine if a new home or office under construction is right for you.
- Knowing ways to arrange your environment to achieve your goals and heartfelt desires while maintaining environmental balance and harmony.
I would imagine that the use of this technique and others [Matrix] would gain in popularity during weaker real estate cycles.
The concept does not click with me – I must be too jaded – and I have problems with its adoptation for commercial gain. Given how much literature there is on the topic, it doesn’t seem to be a passing fad either.
Wait a second while I turn my desk to towards the sun…