Here are a few links that didn’t make it to full posts. (Man, I really like the new look of the NYT online.) A lot of discussion about the direction of the market in here.
- Where the Buyers Aren’t [WSJ]
- Coastal housing markets still way overvalued [CNN/Money]
- Local Trends Matter Most When Making a Home-Buying Decision [REJ]
- When to Sell an Investment Property In a Cooling Market for Real Estate [WSJ]
- Hot Homes Get Cold [WSJ]
- Nascar Fans Trade the R.V. for a Condo [NYT]
- Nantucket Votes to Ban Chain Stores From Downtown [NYT]
SCARY, NIGHTMARISH ZERO INTEREST LOANS
More than half, 54 percent, of home purchased with mortgages in DC were interest-only loans in 2005, accroding to Loan-Performance. Only 2 percent of mortgages in 2000 were interest only.